Friday, May 20, 2011

Kingston Technology Data Traveler Locker + - The Look

As you know, I am a BzzAgent. In short, I get plenty of cool stuff to try, and give feed back. Often times before it even hits the market!This campaign is all about technology. I la la love it!


So here's the scoop. Kingston Technology has this little bitty device, well its not really all that little bitty- its actually the standard sized USB Flash drive) that is supposed to protect your precious precious (or Data) by password privileges. Coming from a medical background, one of the first things taught in school, aside of getting professional insurance, was keeping and maintaining patient/client/ consumer information. Otherwise it could cost thousands upon thousands... and even your house. YIKES! 


As a photographer, especially one who does many really active events on a regular basis, safe record keeping is a must. Contrary to what you may believe, people are not all that gong-ho about having their mug posted all over the place without their permission. In fact, a lot of my clients hardly want their pictures even taken at all... Can you imagine what would happen if I somehow lost my storage device at an event and some random person picked it up? That could be my tush!


That said, I can certainly see quite a few benefits to having this Locker+ flash drive by Kingston Technology. Being password protected, I would at least have some peace knowing the random person cant just take the pics on the flash-drive and go post happy or become an overnight hit with the tabloids with what they found to sell. 


A few things I am interested in are:


How easy this thing is to set up. 
If, when setting it up, I can use on both Mac and PC, as I can my other thumb drives. 
How protected my files are, really? 


On appearance alone I give this gadget two thumbs up.


Stay tuned on part two, The Feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment